For those occasional times when you need to use text styling or when you wish to emphasize something in the middle of text we have the options of bold, italic and bold italic.
- *bold* — formats text as bold
- _italic_ — formats text as italic, cursive
- _*bold italic*_ — formats text as bold and italic
- ```triple backticks``` — create a text block that is pre-formatted and fixed-width
- `single backticks` — use within any message to create fixed-width text in the middle of other text
- ::: on a separate line before text — create a text block that is pre-formatted and fixed-width
- link<<text>> — adds an inline link with the text in the angled brackets
For example, code snippets will look like this:
Bold, italic and bold italic:
Bonus: if you use a macOS computer, ⌥ (option) + 8 will create a bullet • with a US keyboard (⌥ + Q on an Estonian keyboard, for example).
While we do not have full support of Markdown or Commonmark, and miss some formatting (e.g. underline messages, inline highlighting), these should cover most use cases.
Let us know at email@example.com if you have any specific requests!